What are some of the changes the new BVSA is planning?
The biggest change will be the new structure of teams. All teams will be Bonivital. There will be a central evaluation for all athletes from all Bonivital catchment community centers.
Other changes include:
- New uniforms that will be green, blue and white. Hopefully we'll have something for the new season.
- Trying to fix our diamonds so that everyone is safe
- Recruitment of coaches and support for them.
- Pre season fall and winter clinics for skill development.
- Forming and establishing the AA program and teams
- Gym time assigned to teams during April/May.
- Replacement and purchase of functioning equipment
- Assignment of diamonds, or a way to book diamonds for practices.
- Usage of an indoor/outdoor batting cage.
- Increasing Softball presence for recruitment of athletes.
- A Bonivital tournament
One of the reasons my child plays is to be with their friends. How can you ensure my child will still be with their friends?
We completely understand the importance of friendships in this age group. We also recognize the "A" division ball is all about fun, development, and friendships. While the "AA" division will be geared more to the athletes that want more competitiveness. With "AA", friend requests will not be recognized.
For "A" ball, although we cannot guarantee 7 or 8 kids playing together, we will have the options for 2 or 3 friend requests. In fact, this first year as a transition year, we will attempt to keep most players from each community center together. This of course is dependent on pitchers, catchers and player caliber.
Do you need any help or volunteers?
We still need a TimBits/LTP director to help the little ones get their softball careers going. We also still need a Uniform/Equipment Manager. And a Tournament/Fundraising Manager. Even if you want to share the position with someone that would be fine as well.
BONIVITAL SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
1st Annual Bonivital Softball Tournament BBQ, Raffles, Food Trucks